How to commission bespoke jewellery
It all starts with the design… and finishes with a piece of precious metal lace jewellery that embodies your story. Ruth's work includes:
- Precious metal lace jewellery as gifts
- Gold or silver jewellery to match the bride's lace wedding dress
- Silver jewellery inspired by a family lace heirloom
- Unusual wedding rings for the bride and groom (new rings aren’t just for newlyweds!)
- Magnificent jewelled hair pins, hair combs and tiaras
- Gifts for bridesmaids, mother of the bride etc.
- Lace-like silverware for the home
The first stage is to find out about you and your ideas. Ruth is has a real knack for pulling out creative gems from a conversation, so don’t worry if you don’t quite know what you want at this stage. Ruth will take your ideas and turn them into tangible sketches.
You receive Ruth’s ideas and sketches, which often includes samples of lace to help you visualise her ideas. You give your feedback on the sketches and together you decide on the approximate design. This can be in person, over the phone, or online. With the design decided, we ask for a 50% deposit.
Your handcrafted jewellery gets underway. First, Ruth hand stitches a piece of lace according to the designs discussed, which is photographed for you to see before the next stages. It is then cast in your chosen precious metal.
You are presented with the finished piece. We collect the final payment and you feel glamorous ever after!
Would you like to commission Ruth to create a piece completely unique to you? Get in touch to find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.